Friday, October 30, 2009

Mine


We have hit a new stage, called mine. I guess one of Grady's friends at school taught him that everything in the world belongs to him because he came home one day last week with that exact state of mind. He marched up to me while I was sitting in a chair holding the top to his toy, snatched it out of my hand, said "mine" and walked back to his chair where he added it to his stash.

Yesterday, I tickled his foot while he was eating breakfast and he glared at me, grabbed his foot, and said "mine." So obviously, at the pumpkin patch, he thought all of the pumpkins were his too.

He has a big surprise in store when he gets home with his Halloween candy. I'll let him get away with being stingy with toys, but in this family, when it comes to candy, we share.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They say children imitate their parents!