Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Dinner for 11?

The other night was hectic around our house. I broke a plate. We will have been married for 4 years this coming anniversary and I have managed to keep all of our plates, fine china and otherwise, intact. Until yesterday. I knew it was inevitable but it still made me sad. That means that I can no longer have a casual dinner party for 12 people. Someone will have to come dateless or eat off of a salad plate. To add to my despair about the broken plate, Grady, who gets free reign of the kitchen when I am trying to cook, wreaked havoc on the dogs room.



Can you count how many things are amiss with this picture? Lets start with the banana muffin mix in the water bowl. The dogs don't think its safe to go back in until Grady has left. Then they just dodge the debris and try to get comfy on their beds.

I heard Dewars crunching on a little piece of plate but I think I got it all out of his mouth before he swallowed.


I must say I cooked a pretty yummy dinner though.

No comments: