Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Favorite Piece Of Furniture

We have obviously been busy lately. I can't even imagine what it will be like to come home, eat dinner, and spend the rest of the evening just playing, knowing that there is nothing else we should be doing.
(current state of the house)

But until last night, I had let way too many days that I will never get back go by without enjoying my little man and our alone time in the glider. Grady and I have spent countless hours in his glider snuggling up to each other. He has slept in my arms, eaten his meals and cried lots of tears there. We have napped together in the wee hours of the morning in that chair. I think he missed his chair. During one of the first visits to his new house and new room, he grabbed my hand and pulled me over to his chair, ordered me to sit and then climbed up in my lap. We sat there quietly for a few minutes, enjoying our chair, and then he was off to make sure that all the toys that had been packed up for a few months got the attention that they had been needing.

(daddy snuggles)

Last night, daddy got his Grady time in upstairs, in the big comfy leather chair. I was even luckier though. I had the honor of rocking my boy to sleep in his bedroom, in our glider. His cries stopped as soon as I scooped him up out of his crib and made my way to the corner. His warm little hand rested on my arm. He curled up in my lap. Soon he started breathing heavier and heavier. Then the snores started. And it was like music to my ears. I smiled while we glided back and forth and occasionally squeezed him and kissed the top of his soft head. Even though he fell asleep quickly, I was selfish and just couldn't lay him back down right away. And then I thought about a line from his current favorite book and how true it was. "I could eat you up I love you so."

(the good old days in the glider)

No comments: